Plenty of our daily activities on the internet begin with a search for more information, whether it’s news or info about various work and personal topics we might be interested in. Google Search plays a central role in that experience, of course, since it’s the most used online search engine in the world. But Search isn’t perfect, and Google continues to improve its reliability to ensure that the results it offers are genuine.
The dangers of fake news and misinformation became quite evident during the coronavirus pandemic, so Google rolled out a few new features to improve Search. In April 2020, Google started informing users when Search wasn’t able to find results that match a user’s query particularly well. Then, in February 2021, Google rolled out an “About this result” feature that provides more context about a particular search result. Google’s newest Search feature is another step in the right direction, as it will help users understand that the results they’re seeing might not provide correct or complete information.
Today’s Top Deal
Today’s Top Deals
- 5 home upgrades under $25 that have Amazon shoppers flipping out
- Have a video game console? This $48 device on Amazon makes it feel so much faster
- The secret car detailing tool pros don’t want you to know about is only $7 at Amazon
- This alarm detects motion anywhere in your home using Wi-Fi waves, and it blew my mind
Trending Right Now:
- Some of you might get a second tax refund from the IRS this year
- Everyone’s talking about this edge-of-your-seat suspense movie on Netflix
- Siri’s new iPhone voices sound so much better – here’s how to enable them
Google just made a huge change to Search and we love it originally appeared on BGR.com on Sat, 26 Jun 2021 at 15:05:57 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.